June is here! In a couple of weeks time Brazil will enter winter. I’m back from a shortish holiday break, that’s why this monthly recap comes in a bit later than usual.
This blog is now two months old, and its readership continues to grow – including a bunch of Brazilian friends. The performance of my hosting provider this month was really excellent – keep your fingers crossed.
Some things we saw on the blog during May:
- photos of an spectacular sunrise in São Paulo, the ceramic tiles of São Luís, a Brazilian floral display, and the Lençóis Maranhenses.
- the top 10 favourite places of Brazil.
- I mentioned two Brazilian travel blogs I will be summarizing on a regular basis.
- a review of Pousada Manacá in Arraial d’Ajuda.
- a very useful site with info on travel by bus: Socicam.
- a lengthy post on a terrific Brazilian festival: the bumba-meu-boi.
- a file with all the data on TAM’s Airpass (in Spanish).
- an entry on How to get from Porto Alegre to São Paulo by bus.
- the usual news, including the now tiresome letany of the new wonders of the world.
- in the false friend section we learned a vitamina can be delicious.
- began producing new content for the blog, in the form of audiovidual presentations. So far, I’ve finished two of them, one on the Zu Lai temple and another one on the festas juninas in São Luís.
You can check all the entries in the month of May by clicking on the File menu at the top of the blog or clicking here.
[Don’t forget there is a list of all the questions & answers published in the blog here]
Category: This blog