Finding affordable hotels in Rio is no mean feat, as many of you will have already found out first-hand. You can search for hotels in Rio de Janeiro through our Hotels Combined search engine, a unique free tool that searches multiple hotel reservation websites simultaneously to help you find the lowest rate instantly. It eliminates the need to search major websites one by one in order to compare prices and availability. An amazing time and money saver!
The results open on a new page.
1. Budget hotels in Rio
The French hotel chain Accor has three budget hotels located in the centry of the city and it is promising new hotels soon:
- the Formule 1 Rio de Janeiro Centro at Rua Silva Jardim, 32.
- the Ibis Rio de Janeiro Centro right next to the previous one, also at Rua Silva Jardim, 32.
- the Ibis Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumond, right next to the domestic airport and a few hundred yards from the centre of Rio.
An outstanding feature of the hotels mentioned above is that they don’t hold any surprises – a bonus in the context of hotels in Rio. They are simple, to the point of being spartan. You won’t find charm or glamour in them. But in return for that, their fares are more friendly than the ones charged by most hotels in town. Their rates do not include breakfast. If you have stayed previously at a Formule 1 or Ibis hotel you know what to expect.
2. Bed & breakfast in Rio
There are now three networks providing Bed & Breafast accommodation
- Cama e Café. At its website you can check details of the houses providing accommodation. All the houses are located in the Santa Teresa neighbourhood.
- Rio Homestay is the upper market version of Cama e Café. Most of its apartments are located along the corridor that links Copacabana to Leblon, passing through Arpoador and Ipanema.
- Bed & Breakfast Brasil. It has 60 houses in Rio, on the most popular neighbourhoods (Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Santa Teresa) and on places slightly more unusual for a hotel (Cosme Velho, São Conrado or Urca).
3. Youth hostels
On Youth hostels in Brazil we listed all the Brazilian hostels affiliated to Hostelling International. As well as those there are dozen of independent hostels in Rio. We advice you extreme care when you choosing them, as they rank from the professional to the outright rip-off.
destination: Rio de Janeiro
48 hours in Rio de Janeiro – what to do, where to go
budget accommodation in Rio de Janeiro
the Rio de Janeiro subway
map of Rio de Janeiro
the new official Rio Guide
Rio de Janeiro’s Michelin guide for free
Rio bus station: Terminal Novo Rio
Category: Destination: Rio