Over the last months I have received repeated requests for the publication of guest posts at the Brazil Travel Blog. While I had never dismissed the possibility of having such posts at the blog, it is something I hadn’t actively pursued either.
By publishing some basic guidelines I hope will clarify all issues related to guest posts at the blog. The Brazil Travel Blog welcome texts that are relevant to our readers for as long as they stick to the following guidelines:
- they contain first-hand accounts of travel in Brazil. Please, no “top 5/10/…” lists or any other generic texts that don’t contain personal accounts of travel in Brazil.
- you are not trying to promote any tourist services (or services of any other kind).
- your post is original and hasn’t been published before on the Internet.
- you agree not to publish the post anywhere else.
- all the photos you use are licensed.
- you don’t include SEO-oriented links to commercial sites.
All guest posts can include one link in the byline, which will be displayed at the bottom of the post. Use that link to point to your own personal projects (we’ll be happy to let others know about your work! If you have more than one project, we can accommodate extra links too). But don’t point the links to commercial or business sites, they should not be SEO-oriented.
We would be delighted if you understood that guest posting at the Brazil Travel Blog is not a backdoor to free SEO. Running an independent blog is not easy by any means and advertising is the only way of funding at our disposal. If you want to have your links displayed here for SEO purposes get in touch and I’ll send you our current advertising rates.
If you think your copy follows our guidelines get in touch with us.
Category: This blog