The Brazil Travel Blog has been five years on the road and during that time we’ve devoted plenty of attention to the Amazon region. It is a part of Brazil as coveted by foreign tourists as devoid of reliable and independent travel information. This is a summary of what we have published on the region so far:
1. General information
- When to go? To choose the right time to visit the region we published the post when to visit the Amazon region. And to understand how the rainy changes the landscape of the region we published “cheia” and “seca” on the Amazon region.
- Where to stay? To understand better accommodation in the forest we wrote on Jungle Lodges in the Amazon. And to ease your angst, we reflected on how tourism on the Amazon region is a foreign affair.
- How to travel? riverboats across the Amazon – schedules / timetables is a core entry you should check if you are planning a boat trip on the region. Amazon riverboat trips contains some tips on the issue.
- To avoid disappointment, we wrote on unreasonable expectations: the Amazon is not a zoo.
- Having the chance to see first-hand how rubber is harvested will lead you to a better understanding of its importance for the sustainable development of the Amazon.
- If guidebooks are your thing, you should be aware of the existence of 7 full (and free!) tourist guides on Brazil available online. One is devoted to the Amazon.
2. Information on destinations
We have five information cards for Amazon destinations:
We have written with quite some detail on two of those destinations:
As well as the information card destination: Manaus, we prepared a map of Manaus, blogged on the wonderful Teatro Amazonas, perhaps the only unmissable sight in the city; went off the beaten track to eat at the peixaria do Jokka Loureiro fish restaurant in Manaus; visited the awesome Meeting of the Waters and the Janauary Ecological Park, near Manaus and became worried by a new threat in the shape of a gigantic bridge.
2.2 Alter do Chão
All the photos you will see on this blog post as well as many more can be found at our Flickr albums:
Google made it possible recently to tour the Amazon with Street View.
Category: Destination: Amazon